For years, millions of adventurers across the globe have been involved in recreational activities – Geocaching. Geocaching is often described as a “game of high-tech hide and seek”, sharing many aspects with trigpointing, orienteering, treasure-hunting, …
How Does Geocaching Work?
Anyone can hide a hidden box (called a cache or geocache) and register the coordinates online. After the geocache is hidden, determine its exact location (latitude and latitude) with the help of a GPS device. Publish a location with a short description of the geocache on Geocaching.com or similar web page. This is the starting point for every geocache search.
Geocache is a waterproof box full of all kinds of objects that you will hide as a geocaching enthusiast, most often in some secluded and hard-to-reach location. Location as well as geocache contents are left to personal imagination and cunning. The geocache must be hidden so that only one who intentionally searches for it can notice it. The geocache must not be buried.
Some additional notes (difficulty level, access to a vehicle, bicycle or wheelchair, eventual puzzle) to find out the exact location and the like can be found online from the geocaching website.
Typical geocache features a small pencil pen to sign (preferably leave a comment on the website where you will get geocache data) and a few things – toy, souvenir, coin … These things do not have any monetary value, but it is desirable that they are interesting. You can also take one of those little things (not a notebook or pen!), But also leave something of a similar value.
In geocache, you can find also a camera and take a picture which can be developed and uploaded to a Geocaching web site.
What it takes to play:
– When GPS knows where to go and where to go, it will take you to the destination.
– you find information and coordination where the hidden geocache you are looking for are located.
– to go to places you have never heard before and see things you would otherwise miss.
– Most items are hidden in areas away from public transportation, so you need your own means. Many people use bicycles.
Several items to use as an exchange of items from the box
– There is no compulsion to exchange items, but you will often find items of interest in the box. It’s just a fair game if you take something, then you have to leave something as a substitute.